- This event has passed.
Creativity with Alexander Technique Orval Belgium Aug 10 -14
August 10, 2018 @ 7:30 pm - August 14, 2018 @ 7:30 pm
Exploring spontaneity and joy with the Alexander Technique
Find the courage to authentically be who you are. Through deep exploration of where our sound, our breath, and our passion comes from, together with the tools of Alexander Technique and Freeing the Natural Voice, you will be invited to find your voice while freeing movement and breath in the body.
Discover how to use that part deep within that has been hiding as foundation for creative impulse. This leads to new discoveries in the voice, self, movements and breath, and in who we ultimately are. With child-like wonder, find your voice while dancing, moving, swaying. By learning how to ‘vibrate’ sound, the sound begins to move through us; it begins to sing us. Whether you are someone who secretly wishes you could sing, in chronic pain of discomfort in the body, a musician who feels there’s something holding you back, or if you feel jealous toward other creatives, the tools and techniques in this workshop will shine a light into blind spots within the body and soul to help you open up and meet yourself in a more meaningful way. You will leave this workshop with new inspiration, with tools of how to practice and play the instrument of your being.
• Warm Up with sound and movement
• Body and humming rubs
• Simple mapping to understand how the body works and the mind-body connection
• Immediately useful Alexander Technique tools to enhance the breath and coordination in activity
• Non-judgmental yet stimulating atmosphere to deepen your understanding of how we use ourselves and how to improve this use
• Exploring old ideas of wrong and right, and discovering the art of being confused
• Discovering the incredible joy of moving away from self-consciousness